Monday, February 3, 2014

Journal 1: My PLaylist, My Life



ctmusictherapy.com
My Playlist:

Ø Brave by Sara Bareilles

Ø Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars

Ø Diamonds by Rihanna

Ø Its Time by Imagine Dragons

So why are these songs important to me?




       These songs are important to me because they not only have changed my perspective on how I view myself but also my future and people around me. The first time I heard the song Brave by Sara Bareilles, I was just in the car cursing along from a long frustrating day of work in addition to having problems with my ex-boyfriend. It not only gave me the courage to stand up for myself and say something, but made me feel more confident and brave to speak out. The first time I encountered the song Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars and Diamonds by Rihanna, was by my current boyfriend. He introduced the song to me because he knew that I never saw myself as being “beautiful” or “pretty” and I never did feel like I was good enough for myself or for someone else. The first time I heard the song Its Time by Imagine Dragons, I was just about to join UWSP. It gave me an insight that school may change a part of me, but not who I really am so why not just give it a try.

So my playlist reflects on who I am because I am a more confident and brave person, yet still a little shy at times. I tend to give more credit to people around me and less to myself. I believe that if someone would listen to my playlist they would learn that I am a confident and brave woman, which is making her way through something that is out of my comfort zone. What they wouldn’t be able to learn about me is that I am still a quiet set person and enjoy my personal time; however am willing to try new things and make some friends. Some assumptions that they may make about me is that I’m a very outgoing person that isn’t afraid to say what I want to and be who I am. Which in my case I am still am a little afraid of what others will think.

No comments:

Post a Comment